Jet lag is never fun, but you know what is? Not having jet lag. Here are my best tips, so that you can enjoy the first few days in a different time zone for a more extended amount of time. Just three simple tips.
1.) Eat lots of fruit. Especially apples for the energy, to help stay up till at least 7’0clock, plus it keeps your mind off the pillow. Don’t give into your coffee addiction and energy drinks; you might not be able to fall asleep when you need to.
*One time my parents made us stand up until it was time for dinner, it felt like torture!
2.) Plan your day out, including when you should go to bed. Set a reasonable time like seven O’clock. When you have a plan for the day, it keeps you busy, and it will put you in the mindset of getting things done. (sometimes helps with forgetting about that comfortable pillow waiting for you)
*Once my family and I were sleeping all day, then at night it was like we were just going through a typical day. Cooking meals, watching tv, doing homework, playing board games, etc….*
3.) Walk everywhere that’s within walking distance. It keeps you active. Plus there is no bed around, and I am pretty sure you do not want to fall asleep on the sidewalk.
Those are my top three tips for dealing with jet lag! Thanks for reading and feel to Follow my blog with Bloglovin . Make sure to follow me on Twitter(@mimifry15) Facebook and on Instagram(@_almostmia) to keep updated on the latest post. Check out my last post: February’s Playlist
It’s been awhile since I have done one of these, so here is what I have been listening to lately!!!
- The Kids Are Alright – Chloe x Halle: As if these ladies aren’t already killing it on Grown-ish their music is insanely good! This is not the last time you see there names pop up!
- Waves – Natalie Major: This song was on the first episode of Grown-ish and I instantly wanted this song as my ringtone, I’m still waiting!
- Last Day Alive – The Chainsmokers (ft. Georgia Florida Line): A great song to get you pumped for the day or if you’re already hyped!
- The Greatest Showman Soundtrack: Do I need to say more?
- Real Friends – Camila Cabello: I can really connect with this song on some many levels and I think a lot of you would agree with me!
- What About Us – P!nk: My favorite powerhouse song that makes you want to get up and out and do something about life!
- Finesse (remix) (ft. Cardi B) – Bruno Mars: I have no reason it’s just bomb!
- Fall – Chloe X Halle: Told you
- Broke – Lacrae: ” Being broke made me rich!!!” I went to his concert a couple weeks ago and he was crazy good at getting the crowd hyped as much as his album does in private!
- TKO – Justin Timberlake: This one kinda resurfaced after the super bowl performance, was and still is my favorite JT song for me!
Thanks for reading and feel free to Follow my blog with Bloglovin . Make sure to follow me on Twitter(@almost_mia)) and on Instagram (@_almostmia) to keep updated on the latest post.
I missed being here! Sorry for the long break, but I’m back and oh boy do I have some stories for you. One of which happened a couple days ago….. so here we go!
Alright so a couple of weeks ago my brother got an opportunity to audition for a modeling gig ( I can’t mention any name since he signed a contract today saying he won’t talk about it online). Anyway, last week on valentines day we had to make our way to a whole new, different side of Tokyo, Japan.
The drama began before we had even left the military base we live on because we needed a taxi to get to our car and let me tell you, this 5 dollar ride was anything but fresh (if you know what I mean😷 ). So we made it to the car, and as soon as we got off base we realized that the car was low on gas again emoji😷!
When we got on base to refill the car with gas, my brothers and I went inside to prepay for lane 4 (remember this, lane 4) he repeatedly asked “lane 4?” My brother tries to start pumping the gas, but it wasn’t working, so the guy came out to help us after greeting his buddy at lane five after ten maybe 15 minutes of trying with this guy, he came out and laughed that he thought we meant lane 3. 😑 WHAT!!!!! I SAID LANE 4!
We made it to Tokyo 2 hours later and parked our car at a military hotel ” The New Sanno” and couldn’t decide whether not to take the train or bus…… find out what happened next…next week.
Recently I’ve turned 17 years old and it made me realize that I will never get a do-over on 16 so I started to think about the things I have learned from 16-year-old Mya.
- Growing up isn’t all that great! I made this pretty clear in my last birthday post but I’ll say it again. ” I wish I was 7 years old all over again.
- Be proud of my mistakes, at least now I know how to avoid them and that alone will make life just a little easier.
- Appreciate what I have while I have it. The realization of me never being 16 again just hit me like a ton of bricks and to that, I say ” Here to only being 17 once”
- “Friendships cause heart breaks too” – Wolfyla
- When you feel conflicted, fix it.
- Procrastination is the devil.
- Never assume anything, do your research.
- Apparently, I NEED to work out and make it a lifestyle.
- You don’t need to prove yourself to anybody.
- You can live without the people who don’t have time for you.
- I’m not alone.
- Comparisons are the worse things to do to one’s personalities.
- I can live without sugar and I really don’t want it.
- A part of me will always want to play softball.
- I need to travel or try something new to live.
- 16 doesn’t last forever.
- Family is everything NO matter how far away they are.
10. Karaoke Night With the BFFs
9. Sushi Go Round
Sushi go round is so inexpensive; they charge 100 yen($1.00) to 500 yen ($5.00) per plate. Be careful tho, the sushi goes around the entire restaurant and makes it’s everything look so appealing you’ll run your bill up and barely be able to walk out the door.
8. Indian Curry
I know what you’re thinking. “Why would I eat Indian Curry when I’m in Japan?” Here in Japan you can actually get authentic curry and be a part of the activities of the locals.
7. Friendship Day Festival
6. Shrines Sight Seeing.
Shrines are everywhere here in Japan but it’s the history and the view that makes them all very interesting.
5. Ride the Trains
Riding the trains in Japan is an experience in its self. Most likely you will get lost the first time on the trains but that’s the best part. Someone will always be happy to help you need to find your way back. Not to mention where ever you end up at you can adventure off and worry about getting back later. (True Story)
4. Get Lost in Tokyo (on purpose)
3. Sumo Wrestling Tournament
2. Have a photo shoot at a local park
1. Visit Ueno Park
I love Ueno Park, not only is there a zoo and Natural Museum but there is also a huge market in the center waiting with crazy good food that you can only get in Japan and if you’re not feeling adventurous with the food, there is Starbuck in front of the zoo.
And if you are someone
who still carries hope in your heart,
kindness in your eyes
and generosity in your fingertips
despite terrible people happening to you,
You are one of few truly pure things
left in this world,
and you deserve to be protected.
One year ago today I posted my first blog post and published my blog online. I didn’t realize how much work goes into building a blog, let alone a post. So to celebrate my one year anniversary here are the 10 things I wish I knew before starting a blog.
- Get a Niche: Not knowing what you want to write about is very frustrating especially when you’re just starting off.
- Never compare your work to someone elses. Be original the way you communicate to your readers is very important.
- Plan, plan, plan: Know what you want to write and when you want to post it. Since, I’m homeschooled I only have time to work on my blog during the weekends. So, I schedule them to post whenever I want them to.
- Know when is a good time: If 4:00 pm is when you get the most views and responses start planning to post at 4:00pm.
- Use Social Media: Every blog post and Youtube video about building and branding your blog will tell you that Twitter, Instagram ,Facebook and maybe even Snapchat is a quick and easy way to tell others about the latest post or when your going to post. Even maybe when your bored, just tell twitter about how you manage to watch ” The Walking Dead” for eight hours straight.
- Have a logo.
- Don’t be too serious.
- Post what you want and what others want to see.
- Be personal
- Always remember your blogiversary
I just want to thank my family for so much love and support. To show my appreciation for my subscribers, here is my blogiversary giveaway.
How to enter: deadline 10/31/16
- Make sure to be subscribed to Almostmia.wordpress.com
- Follow on Instagram or Twitter.
- Leave a comment down below. Or leave a comment on social media using the #Almostmiagiveaway hashtag.
- BONUS ENTRY: Share this blog post on your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Tagging me in it. (Link Below)
Thanks for reading and feel free to Follow my blog with Bloglovin. Make sure to follow me on Twitter(@mimifry15) and on Instagram(@_almostmia) Also check out my Facebook page Almost Mia to keep updated on the latest post.
Hello World Wide Web of Beautiful People. It’s the end of summer and school has begun. it’s that time of year for stressful essays, hardcore schedules and insanely early mornings. So here are some quick tips to get you through the day.
Quick Tip no.1 : If you have a hard time getting out of bed (like me) set two alarms 30 minutes apart. In that 30 min you can lay in bad on your phone and give yourself a chance to fully wake up. Just make sure it’s 30 minutes before your day actually starts.
Quick tip no.2 : Write out a quick list of goals you want to accomplish throughout the day. ( If you’re not homeschooled, do this in the car or on the bus.)
Quick tip no.3 : At night everybody is doing homework, chores or something to occupy their minds. There isn’t enough time for yourself. So wake up early in the morning while everyone else is asleep and take some time for yourself. Unless you not homeschooled and your bus arrives at some ridiculous time in the morning.
Quick tip no. 4: Keep your makeup routine as basic as possible. I personally just put on lip gloss, eyeshadow and mascara. NO concealer, that’s for weekends and/or special events.
Quick tip no.5 : Keep breakfast in mind. Not only is it the most important meal of the day, but it’s the only one you get until lunch time.
GIVEAWAY!!!! It’s the beginning of the school, everything counts and helps. Want to win a makeup bag with some back to school essentials? follow instructions below.
- Comment a one word description of your back 2 school style.
For more giveaways
Deadline Sept.15th at midnight. Winner will be announced 24hrs later.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter(@mimifry15) Facebook and on Instagram(@_almostmia) to keep updated on the latest post. Check out my last post: Dear Six-year-old Mimi