Here is another giveaway to celebrate my one year blogiversary. Celebrate with me and enter for this Primrose Hill makeup full of goodies.
One year ago today I posted my first blog post and published my blog online. I didn’t realize how much work goes into building a blog, let alone a post. So to celebrate my one year anniversary here are the 10 things I wish I knew before starting a blog.
- Get a Niche: Not knowing what you want to write about is very frustrating especially when you’re just starting off.
- Never compare your work to someone elses. Be original the way you communicate to your readers is very important.
- Plan, plan, plan: Know what you want to write and when you want to post it. Since, I’m homeschooled I only have time to work on my blog during the weekends. So, I schedule them to post whenever I want them to.
- Know when is a good time: If 4:00 pm is when you get the most views and responses start planning to post at 4:00pm.
- Use Social Media: Every blog post and Youtube video about building and branding your blog will tell you that Twitter, Instagram ,Facebook and maybe even Snapchat is a quick and easy way to tell others about the latest post or when your going to post. Even maybe when your bored, just tell twitter about how you manage to watch ” The Walking Dead” for eight hours straight.
- Have a logo.
- Don’t be too serious.
- Post what you want and what others want to see.
- Be personal
- Always remember your blogiversary
I just want to thank my family for so much love and support. To show my appreciation for my subscribers, here is my blogiversary giveaway.
How to enter: deadline 10/31/16
- Make sure to be subscribed to Almostmia.wordpress.com
- Follow on Instagram or Twitter.
- Leave a comment down below. Or leave a comment on social media using the #Almostmiagiveaway hashtag.
- BONUS ENTRY: Share this blog post on your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Tagging me in it. (Link Below)
Thanks for reading and feel free to Follow my blog with Bloglovin. Make sure to follow me on Twitter(@mimifry15) and on Instagram(@_almostmia) Also check out my Facebook page Almost Mia to keep updated on the latest post.
When I was younger I used to wish I was sixteen so I could hangout with my older cousins. Now that sixteen is right around the corner. I decided to write a letter to the six-year-old little girl who had no idea where she would end ten years later.
Dear six-year-old me,
I can’t tell you how much I envy you. Your innocence was timeless and beautiful. You had your problems obviously but that’s what help shape your judgement today.
Today you are shy and silent yet to stubborn to let anyone change your personality, thank you for that.
Growing up your friends really were your life. I will never forget the moments of us reenacting our favorite scenes from High School Musical and chasing the boys around the park just to prove how fast we were. Also, don’t take what your friends or foe have to say to heart. Form your own opinions and morals based off your christian environment.
Another thing, I know you probably think you have mean teachers but the way I see it, you have passionate mentors and like it or not you deserved every visit to the vice principal office. Till this day, we both blame it on MATH! Don’t worry you got better in school and now you have the courage to run your own blog. You may not have 100 followers but you have 20 amazing follower that you’re proud of and because of your growing passion of writing. Even though you suck at grammar . It’s okay because your mom and your dad both told you to just write and you do; that’s why you have over 30 drafts hidden in your folder.
Bottom line is we’re still growing up and still forming our own opinions. We want a voice in this world that is nothing but positive and informative. I wish I could be six forever. When making friends was so much easier and growing up was much more harder. Please don’t rush to be me. Try to stale as much time as your little creative mind can.
Stop ( with a capital S) wishing you were a teenager. It may look a lot cooler from your little eyes but all that mean is that you a getting closer and closer to leaving the nest. You’re going to wish and wish to be six years old all over again. The thought of leaving in a FEW years is scary and unthinkable, but someday it will happen and I’m going to think of you.
– Sincerely Mya